Table of Contents
In our blackjack guide, you will discover precisely how to play casino black jack, and how to play black jack like a pro. The most important thing about the game is learning how to bet on blackjack; wagering options are not many, so you will have to focus mainly on which bets are recommended for every hand.
When educating yourself on how to play casino blackjack, you must first be aware that this classic game revolves around a simple fact that is often forgotten by many: the dealer is the last one to make a move. Even though the dealer's decisions are all mandatory because of the game's rules, the first risk to get more than 21 and lose the bet is taken by the players.
It doesn't matter if they bust after: The fact that you've lost your bet already represents a win for the casino. How to play blackjack simple will require you to keep that in mind. Learn how to play black jack straight from the professionals and get the best tips!
The same on how to play 21 blackjack. Luckily for us, most of the world's online casinos offer mobility, so we can practice and focus on how to play blackjack at home. You will be surprised by the many things you thought you knew about this game, learning how to play blackjack can be a lot of fun!
There is a set of official rules of blackjack that relate to almost every version of the game, like the dealer must always hit when their numbers sum up to 16 points; the first thing you'd want to do is read the layout on the game's table/app.
The best blackjack rules are the ones that give you more advantages over the house, but remember that playing this or any other game is meant to favour the operator under any circumstances.
The most simple blackjack rules are as follows:
- The winner is whoever gets closer to a total of 21 between each player and the dealer. Players bet individually against the house, not against each other.
- Face cards and 10's are worth ten points, other cards count their face values, there are no jokers, and Aces are worth 1 or 11, at the players' discretion.
- All blackjack betting rules everywhere agree that you can win automatically by getting served an Ace with a ten-point card, called Blackjack, but the dealer must not have an Ace on their own. If they do, it's a push (you get your bet back.) Getting one of these usually pays 3 to 2 or 6 to 5. Always try to play on a 3 to 2 table as it provides you with a slightest additional advantage.
- Another one of the standard blackjack rules is getting "insurance." It means you can wager half your original bet when the dealer receives an Ace showing up, and if by the end of the hand he had blackjack, you win that bet. As you will see later on our blackjack rules chart, you should never ask for it.
- You can "split" your bet whenever you get a pair of the same cards. The casino blackjack rules sometimes allow you to split again if you get another same card after splitting, up to a certain amount of times.
- According to official blackjack rules, you'll get a chance to "double down" your original bet asking for a single additional card. You'll only receive one.
In the case of the image, in particular, the dealer must stand on all 17's, but what does hard and soft mean in blackjack? When the blackjack dealer rules establish that the dealer must hit all soft 17's, it means that they're obligated to ask for a card when they reach 17 by using an Ace that's counted as 11 (soft 17.)
There might be some additional rules of blackjack that are exclusive to the casino that hosts it. For example, some casinos are willing to pay progressive jackpots, special prizes for getting three sevens or winning after being dealt with seven or more cards in total.
How to win at blackjack
With our basic blackjack tips, you'll see how your ability on how to win online blackjack increases significantly. Please, make sure you follow our blackjack tips to win and not change them; do not base your decisions in "hunches" or try to follow your instincts. That is what casinos ultimately rely on to make more money.
Is it possible to consistently win at blackjack?
Many people ask us how to win at blackjack without counting cards. The fact remains that blackjack is widely known as the game with the lowest house edge in the business. Some claim it may go as down as 0.5%, but it will never get to 0%.
When you follow our keys to winning blackjack, you're in for a treat. 0.5% is an amazingly low house edge; it's almost as flipping a coin! Make sure you print or keep a picture of our charts on your mobile to conveniently check it on the road, and put your knowledge on how to win at video blackjack from your mobile in just a few minutes.
The best way to win at blackjack is to be patient, risk only what you're comfortable with, and stick to your strategy avoiding making "special bets" based solely on your guts. Think of the challenge as the real enemy to beat, and make cold decisions, even when they defy your logic.
Did you find this information useful?
Thanks, we appreciate your reply!
Sorry for inconveniences
Please tell us how this article can be improved